- Your radio can warn of traffic tie-ups.
- It can provide weather and road information.
- Your radio can provide help fast in event of emergency or breakdown.
- You can get suggestions for good spots to eat and sleep.
- It makes long trips more interesting, and helps keep you awake.
- Your radio can provide direct contact with your office or home.
- You can communicate with other radio operators.
- It can provide "local information" to find your destination.
- You can help law enforcement officers by reporting drunk and reckless drivers.
- Your CB or 10-meter radio provides alternate means of communications, while not relying on external infrastructure. (eg. cell towers, power grid)